Friday, December 3, 2010

"As Unto The Bow"

I really must apologize for the lack of posting on this blog. I have been really busy with our life recently, and in the writing world, with the critique group, so those are my really weak excuses. But I promise I won't quit with this blog! Please keep reading, and leave comments with ideas to make it better! Tell me what you like, and what you think I should change! I'll need lots of advice! :) Now, I know awhile back, I wrote that I don't like un-rhyming poetry, there is at least one exception, and I really do love this poem:

"As Unto The Bow"
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
As unto the bow the cord is,
So unto the man is woman:
Though she bends him, she obeys him;
Though she draws him, yet she follows;
Useless each without the other.

What do you think? Like it? What improvements can I add to this blog? Would you like another contest? Let me know ASAP! Thanks a lot! :) ~Rachel

1 comment:

Abigail said...

I like that poem a lot! And sure, I'd welcome another contest.