Sunday, August 7, 2011

Peachy-Keen Plans :)

By virtue of our position, or perhaps more correctly, because we have the largest house among the group of families that make up our homechurch, we have hosted church each Sunday for almost 2 years. But with the coming of Levi, Dad arranged for us to take a 6-week break from hosting, and this Sunday we're staying home to rest and recuperate. :) This has very little to do with anything except to set the stage for rambling on about what I'm planning on spending my afternoon doing.

I plan to be perfectly, childishly happy. :)
I plan to bury my nose deeper in David Copperfield, losing myself in the windings of the way of its pages...

I plan to smile whenever my gaze falls upon my set of new Dickens books proudly displayed on a shelf and looking terribly tempting to a book-devourer like myself...

(No, this isn't my set....but isn't it lovely? *All* of his novels! I'd give a deal to possess that set! :)

And look what I found here!!! A miniature set of Dickens for a doll's house!

I plan to make something delectable and eat it...


I plan to take a walk and hope to meet a Gypsy Wind, if it isn't too hot and they're not hiding away in the secluded darkness of a shady nook...


I plan to hold Levi and cuddle him as much as I can...


I plan to write something mildly brilliant, if it will submit to being written...

In short, I plan to have a day that every authoress would consider a treat. :) Let's see if my plans come to fruition, or if the garden ruins it all. ;) ~Rachel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say it again: Levi is simply adorable. ^.^

"I plan to write something mildly brilliant, if it will submit to being written..."

Heh. I've been planning to do this all. week. long. There is a chapter of Lara's Story that needs to be written, and has needed to be written now for some time. But it's evading me. >.> I've written little short-stories and snippets all week... and just when I thought I had everything figured out and could write The Chapter, I flopped back into writer's block. >.>

Anonymous said...

Oh! And HA! I knew you were reading Dickens. And don't say it didn't sorta-kinda influence your memoir. Because it did. I know it. ^.^ And 'twas all the more lovely for it.

Rachel and Sarah said...

:D You've caught me, my dear Katie! ;) Dickens influenced my story without my knowing he did it! I truly hadn't even thought of it being a tad Dickensian...but I suppose only Dickens, or a lover of his writing, would think to write a story from an unborn infant's p.o.v. :D