Saturday, January 7, 2012

Much Ado About Nothing. :)

All I will say is, I now officially adore Shakespeare. I now officially adore Kenneth Branagh's acting. You may not expect me to walk around the house quoting "Trust God, love me, and mend." "A star danced, and under that was I born." "Thou wilt be condemned to everlasting redemption for that!" and many other pieces of Much Ado About Nothing. Okay people. I even dreamed in Elizabethan English all last night, understood all of it, made the most brilliant repartees, and can't remember a single stitch of my wit this morning. How's that for gratitude? :D Anyway, read my review on the Much Ado About Nothing movie here! :) ~Rach

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool. I love Shakespeare! I'm reading MacBeth for school.

Carilyn said...

Haha! That's similar to when I was at my grandparents' and was watching Gracie Allen and George Burns. I don't know if you've ever seen that show or not (black and white - just look it up on youtube), but Gracie is always twisting what people say and thinking they mean something else. So if you say a word that has more than one meaning, then she'll think you mean the meaning that you don't mean. If you mean meaning 1, she'll think you mean meaning 2. Anyway, so I thought that, well, I could never be as clever as her to think up things like that (you know, something witty to say, quickly - interpreting it differently than they mean and then saying something that's funny). Then, I dreamed that I was doing that and it made sense in my dream. Weird! I'm talented in my dreams but not real life?! =) Haha. Anyway... have a good week!