Thursday, September 27, 2012

Introducing my Lad....

It is with great pleasure that I introduce you to....The Highland Laddie. Aye, you heard that right. I used some of the money I had collected over the summer and bought myself a laptop! Originally I had thought to name it--him, rather--The Italian Prince. But then I began to think about the fact that I've never been into Italian-things (except Dean Martin and "Mambo Italiano"...and my cousin's lasagna....and cannoli....) and of course what came to mind next was Scotland. Because if it has always been a fond dream of mine to...

Well...nevermind that.

But suffice it say, I love the accent, the culture, the music, everything! And by naming this computer The Highland Laddie it even has its own song if I happen to lose it:

"Oh where, tell me where, has my highland laddie gone?
Oh where tell me where has my highland laddie gone?
He's gone with streaming banners where noble deeds are done
And it's oh in my heart that I love my laddie well."

See? Perfect. So everyone? Meet Laddie. I am so excited about the ease of writing with this new computer! Finally I have a place of my own wherein I can spin my dreams and stories and tales and things without fear of being interrupted! My heart is full of the blessing of it. The Lord totally worked everything out: from letting me go down to GA to work for a month and make a  bit of money, to leading my cousin to this computer (which was an amazing deal, being refurbed and all...) Everything had God's hand on it which makes me smile even broader. No more having to cram 1,000 words in the hour between 6:30 and 7:30 in the morning before Daniel wakes and needs his computer for work! And did I mention that Laddie has amazing speakers? 

I'm listening to my High Kings pandora station at 47% speakers and it's almost too loud. *happy sigh* So here's to long life and happiness for Lad, inspiration and creativity for me, and an equal share of happiness and blessing for the rest of you!

11 comments:

Maria said...

By George she's got it! Quite literally, this time. :D

Ooooh, Laddie's speakers really are amazing. I have mine at 100% all the time except for Lord of the Rings music which is louder than most.

I wish you much joy with your Highland Laddie and only wish that I had gotten to the name first!

Kendra E. Ardnek said...

Congratulations! I saved up and bought my laptop a year and a half ago, and let me tell you, it makes writing so much easier to have your own computer that you can take pretty much everywhere.

And I love the name ... makes me wonder why I never bothered to name my computer ... I named my bikes and my scarves ... so why haven't I named my computer ...

Rachel Heffington said...

Maria Elisabeth: I'm glad you approve of the name! I thought it rather clever once I found he had a song to accompany it. :D
Kendra: You ought to name your computer now and come back and tell me what you named it! I hold that lots of things ought to have names!

Casey Capra said...

Ohhhh mannn.... When I read the title of your post I got really excited because I thought "My Lad" implied a beau!! But... a laptop is good too;) Mine has definitely made life a bit easier.

Kirsten Fichter said...

Congrats, Rachel!!! I'm so excited for you!! The name is epic!

I've long wanted to name my laptop, especially considering I've now had it for over a year, but the perfect name still hasn't come to me. Right now, my siblings refer to it as "Kiri's baby." :)

Rachel Heffington said...

Hahaha, Casey! :D I am sure I would be happy to swap a laptop for a beau, but that time hasn't come just yet. ;) Someday you'll get the satisfaction of seeing such at title with such a post below. :)
Kiri Liz: Well, you certainly can't force a name! And "Kiri's Baby" is cute, even if you ditch it by and by!

Elizabeth said...

Cool! A laptop! Is it very convenient?

Anne-girl said...

Congrates!

Kendra E. Ardnek said...

I have come up with the perfect name for my laptop: Algebra Black Clickety Clack. Mine's a she, by the way. I'll call her Algae for short.

Dakota Densmore said...

I love Scotland!! :D I mean, even screaming it with all Caps and a hundred exclamation points cannot begin to depict how much I ADORE it. Possibly because my grandmother was born and raised there, so I feel as though I've a RIGHT to love it. ;) idk. And WOOTWOOT!! High Kings!! :D epic, epic, epic. ;) I'm a sucker for anything Celtic. :D

Anonymous said...

My laptop has a name too. His name is "Jarvis." :-)