Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pre-Orders Open Now!


Happy Day-After-Tomorrow-Is-The-Big-One Day! Many of you are just as excited as I am about being able to purchase/hold/own/enjoy Fly Away Home and all I can say is: just a couple more days! 

I wanted to announce something that may or may not influence you in your buying decisions:

I earn more per copy if you buy directly from me and not Amazon.com. Yes, I know this sounds like avarice, but I just thought I would let you know that copies will be available from me personally. If you would like to purchase from me, you will get an autographed copy of Fly Away Home which is something you would not get buying off of Amazon. I know that some of you already wanted copies that were autographed (really, it's a little embarrassing) so I thought I would let you know! You may order/pre-order copies starting today! Just click on the Ruby Elixir Press page and follow instructions.

Re-cap:
  • If you buy a book directly from me, you will get it autographed with a personal note!
  • If you order from me, you may start pre-ordering today!

I misunderstood a bit of the instructions on Createspace's proofing system which means that when I approved the proof today, it told me that it might take a few days to show up on Amazon which could possibly delay your ability to purchase it on Amazon right on Valentine's Day. I am most seriously displeased I didn't realize that before. Prayers that they'd be speedier than they say would be most appreciated! For now, orders can come to me and we shall see what happens come Valentine's day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

pre-ordered :) Now to wait ...

Alicia Willis said...

I am getting ready to publish a book to KDP for its release date, the 23. Yes, it can take a few days. (This is my second experience with self-publishing.) But sometimes it only takes a little while! Praying it will release when it should. :) And congrats!

Rachel Heffington said...

Ness: I am so glad you are excited for it. Hopefully your wait shall not be too long. ;) And I've been wanting to comment on each post of yours but I keep forgetting my Wordpress password: most annoying. Suffice it to say, I love your Blacksmith book.
Alicia: Thank you! I am glad to hear they sometimes speed up. ;)

Anonymous said...

Aw thank you :) and I know how it is ... I have quite a few passwords and, for me at least, it can be like a torturous cycle to find out which one is the actual one I need ... combine that with a faulty memory and ta da! - a perfect recipe for chaos and panic.

Kendra E. Ardnek said...

Just thought I'd point out that it's already available on Amazon.

I've published four books through CreateSpace, and I've found that the day before the official release day is the best for pushing the "approve" button. CreateSpace actually acts faster than it claims, in most cases.

Anyways, congratulations and welcome to the ranks of published authors. I'll be by later to teach you the secret handshake.

(And I'm debating whether to buy directly through you or to wait until an e-book appears because I'm a cheapstake like that ...)

Rachel Heffington said...

Kendra: an e-book will appear presently, so you may certainly feel free to wait. I do understand the lure of paying a third or even a quarter of a print book for the same book if you already own a Kindle.

Hanna-col said...

Ergh! The disadvantages of being broke and unable to purchase "Fly Away Home" right now. I am dying to read it!

Congratulations on your first release, Rachel!

~ Hanne-col

Emily Chapman said...

I second the above comment! ;) I really can't wait to read this, but sadly money (or the lack thereof) can interfere... :P Don't fret, though, I plan to get my hands on it soon... you know, when I procure more of said money through that delightful job called babysitting. ;)

::hugs::
- em -

Rachel Heffington said...

Hannah-col and Emily: I am more familiar than you might guess with that delightful tradition of being constantly in an impecunious state. Someday, darlings!