Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Fly Away Home Art!

I am busy busy busy with editing Anon, Sir, Anon, and cannot stop to say too terrible much. I did, however, want to share with you the most beautiful piece of art inspired by Fly Away Home. I literally gasped when I saw this pop up in my Facebook feed...it is so perfect. Those of you who have read Fly Away Home: is this how you saw Callie all spiffed up? It is remarkably like her, I think, and I am so glad artist Kendra Yoakum decided to draw her. Kendra's attention to detail as described in the book is crazy-good. I have always loved her drawings so you can imagine how it thrilled me to hear my character had inspired one:


Enjoy your hump-day, darlings! I am off to do more edits and hope it won't be long before Anon, Sir, Anon will be out to my beta-readers.

7 comments:

Carmel Elizabeth said...

Ohhh. It's gorgeous and yes, very like Callie. Mm, what a beautiful piece! I always wished I could draw. ;)

Best of wishes with Anon, Sir, Anon! I know editing can be grueling (particularly sans chocolate). :P

Emily Chapman said...

That is completely beautiful. It's not exactly how I pictured Callie dressed (actually, I was too busy reading really fast to form a solid vision of it in my mind), though now that I look at it, it is not so very far from what I had originally thought. It's gorgeous.

And even Callie's just perfect. I love the daffodil behind her. ^.^

On another note, I finished FLY AWAY HOME. It was beautiful. Just beautiful. And my favorite character? David Nelson. One would think it would be Mr. Barnett, and I really did love him; but for some reason David was my favorite character. ^.^

Though I did like Maralie Barrymore, too.

Emily Chapman said...

And why on earth can I not draw like that??

Joy said...

Emily, I am trying to scratch my brain in effort to remember who David Nelson is. But I read the beta copy of Fly Away Home last year and so I probably am poor on memory. Can't wait to read the published book though!!

Jerry Atwood is my favorite character! He melted my heart with his sweetness, he did.

Hayden said...

Oh my goodness, that is BEAUTIFUL. And it totally looks like the way I pictured Callie. Love it!

Joy said...

That is a pretty impressive drawing, Rachel. The artist did such an amazing job! I love the daffodil behind her, and Callie definitely would have that made up air and poise... also the drawing of her clothes is spot-on though I always imagine her in the yellow daffodil dress...

All the best with the edits to Anon, Sir, Anon! :)

Julia said...

Oh my GOSH, that is fantastic. I would just faint if someone drew one of my characters like that! The daffodil! The dress! The elegant profile! The posture! The EVERYTHING! Sheesh. It's CALLIE! :)