Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Cinderella Interviews:Five Glass Slippers Video!


Two nights ago, I was given the distinct honor of hopping on a Google Hangout interview with my "Slipper Sisters" and editor Anne Elisabeth of Rooglewood Press. Author Shonna Slayton (Cinderella's Dress) asked us about our versions of this classic fairytale, traditional elements we bent to our purposes, and more! Though we began the night with technical difficulties, Shonna persevered and was able to splice several of us in after the fact. Here, then, is the video. I hope you have fun watching it. I had a blast watching the chat live (since my internet was not letting me participate) and "meeting" Clara Diane Thompson via FaceTime last night. Cheers!




You may purchase Shonna's fascinating retelling (a World War II keeper of the original Cinderella-dress? Extraordinary.) via Amazon, and Five Glass Slippers may be found there as well. Treat yourself to a fairytale this cold January day! 

3 comments:

Emily Ann Putzke said...

Great video!! How fun!!

Rachel Heffington said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Emily. Shonna worked so hard to get us through the tech problems. ;)

Chloe M. Kookogey said...

Loved listening to this: it was almost like having a face-to-face conversation. Thanks for sharing, Rachel! <3