Sunday, November 1, 2015

NaNoWriMo Therapy: Helpful Things For Your Sanity's Sake

Today is the first of November, which means that every day from now until December 1st, the writing will fall into its peculiar autumnal hush. Except from this corridor because I have never participated in National Novel Writing Month, hitherto referred to as "NaNoWriMo." I don't do well under that sort of pressure and besides, I prefer sleep to word-count, which could be my main issue. But since I know that many if not most of you will be participating in NaNoWriMo, I've filled this post with happy things for you, as my Instagram begged just this morning:


I love all of you and I'll be back with a celebratory post in just a couple days because, get this, Anon Sir, Anon will turn a year old on the Fifth of November, which really calls for celebration! "Remember, remember, the fifth of November." Maybe, to help it feel as grown up as it is, it is time to purchase a copy of your own? But for now, I'm here to nourish your massacred soul which stands upon the brink of a thirty-day howl and begs mercy.






And because I am trying to help ease things along for you, I'm also sharing my recipe for a single-serving clean-eating brownie because you writers need to eat healthily, but you also need chocolate. I love you! 

Edible Therapy:

1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 Tablespoon honey
1 pinch baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon flour (or almond flour)
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
1 Tbs. chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar (70% cocoa or higher)

Place first two ingredients into a ramekin or oven-safe mug in the oven, preheating to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one minute till melted together. Mix with other ingredients. Press chcoolate into the top. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until no longer jiggly. Eat warm! 

Best of luck to you all! <3

3 comments:

Emma Dold said...

Thank you so much! This was so encouraging. I've done NaNo before, but it was only halfhearted attempts. Now I've got a story that I love, and I feel it really should be told, and I'm so excited. Hooray for the Anniversary!!

Jamie said...

No, bookends are to hold up the books that you've put on top of your shelf because there's no more room on the shelf. ;-)

Carmel Elizabeth said...

I'm not doing NaNo this year either, but inspiration always comes in handy. Especially when the homework and work load is overwhelming and I'm not sure when I'll have time to write again...>.<