Monday, August 11, 2014

Welcome to Modernity: Vivi & Farnham Get a Goodreads Page

triumphant author selfie

I am now officially finished with rewrites for Anon, Sir, Anon. I am also living proof that if one puts her mind to anything, one can accomplish it. I work three and a half days every week and live in a very large family besides. If I wanted an excuse for not getting writing-related things done, I would have it. But with a little clever rearranging of schedules and, furthermore, a healthy respect for waking up when my alarm tells me to, I have actually done it! So happy with the novel I've created this time. <3
 I am sending the last four chapters to my editor tonight and will be sending the file to my advanced-copy readers as well. If you have not been selected for the post of advance reader for Anon, Sir, Anon but are a discerning reader/reviewer with a healthy blog following (so sorry to be mercenary), feel free to send an email to heirloomrosebud@gmail.com and apply! I would like to reach a little farther in more uncharted territory--perhaps even to blogs I have never visited!-- so if you would like to read Anon, Sir, Anon and review it for before the soon-to-be-confirmed release date of November 5th, let's talk.

I also wanted to let you know that Anon, Sir, Anon officially has a Goodreads page! Those of you who will be reading the book can post your reviews there and/or on your blogs and learn more about the book there. And, because I know I haven't been as succinct as possible in what this book is really about ... the cover blurb:
The 12:55 out of Darlington brought more than Orville Farnham's niece; murder was passenger.
In coming to Whistlecreig, Genevieve Langley expected to find an ailing uncle in need of gentle care. In reality, her charge is a cantankerous Shakespearean actor with a penchant for fencing and an affinity for placing impossible bets.When a body shows up in a field near Whistlecreig Manor and Vivi is the only one to recognize the victim, she is unceremoniously baptized into the art of crime-solving: a field in which first impressions are seldom lasting and personal interest knocks at the front door.Set against the russet backdrop of a Northamptonshire fog, Anon, Sir, Anon cuts a cozy path to a chilling crime

7 comments:

Rissi said...

Congrats, Rachel! What a wonderful achievement. Well done - and we're eagerly awaiting your new book. Sounds snazzy. :)

Abigail Hartman said...

Oh, very clever - fifth of November, and all that. We should all be able to remember it. And light bonfires in celebration.

"Remember, remember // the fifth of November // the bookish mystery and plot // I know of no reason // why Vivi and Farnham // should ever be forgot."

Poetry. I has it not.

Esther Brooksmith (wisdomcreates) said...

Incredible back cover blurb!!!

Hayden said...

This book sounds amazing! I'm dying to read it :D

Rachel Heffington said...

There is something in the book akin to not having poetry. But at least you, like Sir Percy Blakeney, try. ;)

Colleen Elizabeth said...

Just wanted to say "Hurrah!" Congratulations on your novel, I'm very ecstatic to read it once it airs!

...and how much more would get done with a "healthy respect for waking up when my alarm tells me to!"

Rachel Heffington said...

Colleen, thank you! I am so pleased you're looking forward to it. (And I must say that I still don't necessarily *enjoy* waking up when it calls. ;)