Friday, June 25, 2010

I've Been Brought Down! ;)

I am ever of the opinion that you can stay very humble as an aspiring author by reading classic books. I just finished watching BBC's version of "Wives and Daughters" by Elizabeth Gaskell (Which I read earlier this spring) and was so inspired. I don't know why though. It is the most irritating kind of inspiration, where it makes me want to write, but at the same time, realize that I am not a "Great author". I told Leah, "Watching one of those movies or reading one of those books leaves me feeling one way: I want to either be brilliant, or have an English accent- it doesn't really matter which!" :) I have no great hopes of ever writing something so great as a classic, but write I must, and write I shall, and no backwards inspiration shall stop my pen! ;)
-Rachel

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love Wives and Daughters! Keep writing my dear!

Horse Lover said...

Yeah, I have to write, or be driven to insanity. But as you have heard from me many times before, I am only "the Mediocre Writer".

Anne-girl said...

Amen Amen Amen