Monday, September 20, 2010

"I Never Saw The Moor"

"I Never Saw a Moor"
by Emily Dickinson

I never saw a moor,
I never saw the sea;
Yet know I how the heather looks,
And what a wave must be.
I never spoke with God,
Nor visited in heaven;
Yet certain am I of the spot
As if the chart were given

I have always loved this poem, because it says, is so few words, how I feel about many things! I have never seen heather until this past summer, and then, only in a picture, and yet I have always had a mental picture that I knew somehow was correct! (Nevermind the fact that it was ever so slightly wrong... :) This is what I find inspiring about poetry! Someone else taking an illusive feeling you've always had, and pinning it down in a beautiful way! If you have never seen the ocean, and yet know what a wave must look like, is it not a million times over more true that even though you have never seen God, you can see and are certain of His existance? Anyway, just thought I'd share that little brilliant poem of Emily Dickinson's! Also, below are some things that have made me pleased as punch over the past couple of days! ;)



A calligraphy/ink-pen...bliss! :)
Not as fine as the 18th century French ones in the photo, but still very nice! :)

and a set of eight different drawing inks! :)
Here is a picture of some of the darling little bottles!
Aren't they cute? Ah...the good old days! :) There is nothing like a real pen with nibs and blacker-than-black ink to inspire good writing! :) -Rachel

No comments: