Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Inkpen Authoress's Autumn Writing Contest

Thanks everybody for giving me your opinion of the things I should be writing about on this blog! :) The face-lift has encouraged me, so I'm feeling a bit better about the blog as a whole! There is nothing more irritating than a writer's blog that has writer's block! :D Autumn is coming! I can feel it so wonderfully already! :) I think it may be my favorite season of all! So I thought I'd hold a contest- Each person that enters must write something related to the fall. It can be a poem, a short story, an essay, or just a description, like you'd find in a book! Be creative! Then, you all can send you submissions to: inkpencontestsubmissions@gmail.com . I'd like to have alot of people enter, so please link this contest to your blog if you would! :) I don't know how to make a "button" like everyone else has, but I'll put my header picture on this post, and then you all can just save the picture to your computer, and link the contest submission email address beneath it or something! (I really need to spiff up on my technology! ;) So here are the rules:





The Inkpen Authoress's Autumn Writing Contest


Submission Guidelines:
  • All work must be the author's own
  • Content must be appropriate (i.e. no language, suggestive material, immodesty, no taking the Lord's name in vain, etc.)
  • There is no limit to the number of pieces you may write for this contest
  • All submissions must be received by October 31, 2010
  • The Winner will be announced November 2, 2010
  • There will be one winner, and their submission will be posted on this blog, their blog linked to this blog in the winning post, (provided it is an appropriate one of course! ;) and their submission will be printed in our family newspaper: The Girls' Gazette. Have fun, and I hope lots of people will enter! The fall is such a beautiful blessing, so let's see what everyone can come up with! :)

-Rachel (The Inkpen Authoress) Oh! I almost forgot! Here we go!


Enter the Inkpen Authoress's Autumn Writing Contest!
inkpencontestsubmissions@gmail.com


5 comments:

Always Narnian said...

Okay! That's neat. I'll try to enter

Blythe said...

I made you 2 different contest buttons if you want them! Just comment on my blog saying so and I'll post them etc... on my blog for you! If you don't want them than thats fine,I just thought I would make some (I like making buttons)!! I'll probably enter this,but no promises! ; )

MyVersionofArt said...

I just might enter...I hope I'll have time to. :)

Marianela said...

I would like to enter, it sounds neat! :)

Hannah Grace said...

Looks fun! I might try to enter...it seems I'm running out of time, though, but we'll see..

Blessings,
~Hannah Grace