Sunday, February 26, 2012

And the winner is...

Well, the poll has closed and we have our final winner for the Heigh-Ho for a Husband Writing Contest! The public voted on their favorite of the three finalists and here we have her:

 Miss Elinor Dashwood

Miss Dashwood, please send me your mailing information and I will get your Authoress Hair-Flower out to you! Also, be sure to look out for Miss Dashwood's guest post.

On another topic entire, I was visiting my grandmother this past week and she took me to a "Friends of the Library" book-store. I know it sounds intolerably dull and stodgy and altogether horrid, but here's the deal: The library puts the books they no longer want into this little store and the store (located inside the library) sells them dirt-cheap! I came home with 5 books for 9 dollars. I'd say it was a success!

Here are the books that are added to my shelf...[it isn't safe to leave me in the presence of cheap books!]

Rufus M. by Eleanor Estes
Ginger Pye by Eleanore Estes
A Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
Moby Dick by Herman Melville
Pudd'nhead Wilson by Mark Twain

I can't wait till I'm done with Les Miserables (a fifth of the way through that six-inch book now!) so that I can bury my nose into these new books!

2 comments:

Esther Brooksmith (wisdomcreates) said...

I have read Moby Dick and Pudd'nhead Wilson. They were both interesting and I enjoyed them. I have not read Les Miserables, and I would be curious to hear about it from you!
~ES

Unknown said...

What a great catch! I love library sales! Our library is lovely, they have a table of books they don't want selling for one dollar each ! Great! :D