Thursday, October 18, 2012

Trespassing ;)

There has been a break-in, y'all.    

The writer of this post is not your beloved Rachel.  

You see, Rachel is away this week, wrangling youngsters on a mountain top in my own home State of North Carolina, while I have in turn hopped the border and come up here to Virginia to spend a few days, taking advantage of the unusual work week schedule which allowed me to come be an extra hand in the absence of Rachel and the Next Three Girls, and to visit her brother who is my Someone.  

So here I am, hijacking her computer AND her blog account, after having already spent two comfortable nights in her bed, (and eaten her porridge), -a shameless Goldilocks enjoying a few Days in the Life of Rachel, and wondering if her readers really know who lies behind that colorful imagination and those perfect written words which hold us all captive?  

If not, I'm here to give you an earful.  

Well first of all, she's very real. She's imaginative, yes, but down-to-earth and reachable and chummy and hilarious and clever and occasionally has really blonde moments!  

She is a thinker, and often times I think she understands me better than I understand myself.  Next to my Mama, she is the one I go to when my emotions are out of sorts, or I just need to hear someone tell me it's going to be alright.  I don't know what I would have done without her loving support and gentle wisdom in the midst of my girlish trial this spring, caught in a peculiar pickle of two men.  

I can't count the number of times we have laughed so hard we cried!  (and she did her little hiccup thing, and I squeaked). 

You've seen her craft a beautiful story, but have you seen her tie back her hair with a red bandanna and go cut the grass?  I have. 

She is very graceful... she sort of glides around the kitchen... and glides around cleaning up... and does her own theme music...

She puts herself together every morning in the cutest, most sensible ways!  She has a way of looking adorable, but totally prepared for the tasks of the day.  (I don't know how she does it... clothes are so not my forte).  

Rachel doesn't know she is beautiful!

She is a hard worker, and does not complain.  Or, if she does get vaguely grumpy, you can't take it seriously.  It's just too cute.

Well now I need to go help with supper, so I will stop my glowing there, although I could go on to speak more of her maturity and godliness, and fruitful spirit.  

I miss you, my Frankie, and I hope that you have a safe journey home this weekend, and that you don't mind the break-in.  :)  And to all y'all her readers-  she just rocks, don't she!  

   

3 comments:

Anne-girl said...

Abigail? I'm guessing. But i think I'm right. Rachel's talked a lot about you it's nice to actually "meet"you! Hop you have a good time up there!

Esther Brooksmith (wisdomcreates) said...

Yay! I like your guest writer, Rachel! :)

Rachel Heffington said...

Oh dear! *Blush* Marybelle.....you're just too too sweet. I wandered over here and was like, "Wow...I must be tired. I don't recall writing a post called 'Trespassing'!" XD

This made my day, darling. I am so glad I once told you my password! ;) <3 <3 <3 Much love, my darling!