Saturday, August 24, 2013

In Which We Play At Being Orphlings


A 25-year anniversary...

Five days....

Eight kids on their own...

(Well, some of us are no longer kids)

A cold in the head...

A toddler that should be weaned but still nurses a couple times a day for comfort's sake...

A camera...

An "empty" house...

Sneezing/coughing/stuffynose...

May I reiterate the "Five Days" thing?...

Oh yes. 

This is the life of the Heffington kids this weekend. We are going to be baching it here while Mama and Dad celebrate their 25th with their first trip away (without a baby in tow) since they had Daniel, almost 23 years ago! I am looking forward to this weekend and the funny videos we plan to shoot. It's going to be amazing! I am dosing my cold with cinnamon-and-honey and PG Tips, so here's hoping it withers away quickly! We've got fun things planned and of course I know my uncle and aunt are right across the field so if I need any adult help I've got it. But I think we'll be just fine, and it's kinda fun playing The Boxcar Children for a whole week. Keep your eyes out for any videos that make it through production! ;)

2 comments:

Anne-girl said...

wow that sounds like fun and a whole lot of hard work. I had eight days as "mom" this summer but dad was here to help so it wasn't to bad. I'll be praying for you but I know you'll come through with all flags waving. Hurrah for Jeeves!

Carmel Elizabeth said...

What fun! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures. ;)