Saturday, June 14, 2014

Happy Birthday to An Enchanting Book!




Today is the day that I am officially published by a real traditional (though small) publishing company. It's a good feeling, guys. I wrote in a post in March  about not being ashamed to claim my indie authorship; I still feel that way, but I cannot deny the sense of accomplishment that comes from having done something a traditional way. The way people expect it. The way you always thought, when you first started, it would be done. Granted, I won this publishment through a contest and that isn't exactly traditional, but we don't quibble over crooked stiles here.

The Windy Side of Care is now available for purchase alongside four other wonderful stories as put forth by Rooglewood Press in Five Glass Slippers. I am saving my reviews of each of the other stories for when I have a paper copy, but I will just tell you that I read the first chapter of each story and am already convinced that this collection boasts quite a lot of talent contained in two covers. :)

Well. A very hearty congratulations to Clara Diane Thompson, Emma Clifton, Stephanie Ricker, and Betsy Brown on this happiest of days.

And to those of you who have read the book or will read it, would you please remember to post a review on Goodreads and Amazon? Such things are far more helpful than you'd ever guess, let me tell you. :)

Well. That is all I have to say for now! I must leave you with a smile and a wave -- I look forward to hearing what you think of the collection and its stories. Truly.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations to Rachel and the other authors! :)

Emily Ann Putzke said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting! I pre-orderd Five Glass Slippers and it came the other day. Can't wait to read all the stories! I'll be sure to post a review on Amazon when I'm done. =)