Monday, April 27, 2015

Il Lato Negativo Dell'Amore

"I peered at Lord Grosvenor's name and the pretty scrawl in Clarisse's handwriting below: 'La mia bella amante? Oh my, Clarisse! That is bold. Calling Lord Grosvenor your 'beautiful, illicit lady-love' will certainly win his affections. It might affront his masculinity, but he'll be quite glad you think him beautiful; he's so sure on that point himself!"
- Chapter One, The Windy Side of Care
Listen my children and you shall hear of the midnight release of.... Cinque Scarpetto di Cristallo

Displaying FrontCoverItalian.jpg

At the end of last week my fellow Five Glass Slippers authors and I were informed that Rooglewood Press (our publisher) was all set to release an Italian translation of our stories! It seems ridiculous to think that Lady Alis, Prince Auguste Blenheim, Laureldina, Sir Humphries, and the step-sisters will be available to Italian readers across the world in print and ebook formats, but so it is. Right now some gondola-man in Venice could be posing with his arm slung round a pole reading about Charlotte Russe from his Kindle. I am actually wildly excited about this. Plus, try saying "Cinque Scarpetto di Cristallo" without grinning. It's nearly impossible. "Scarpetto" is a classy trade-in for "slipper" I think.

Displaying RachelHeffingtonItalian.jpg

Know any Cinderella-loving Italians? Mind pointing them in the direction of Cinque Scarpetto di Cristallo? I think they'll love it, and I am thrilled to death to see Rooglewood putting this book in the hands of foreign readers who might find it difficult to enjoy the stories as much in English. We are informed this is the twelfth in a long line of governesses who have come to look after the children. Good heavens. I mean to say that it is the first translation of (hopefully) many that Rooglewood will endow the world with. Three cheers for Rooglewood Press, Five Glass Slippers, and the grand old tale of Cinderella!
Hip, hip, huzzah!
Hip, hip, huzzah!
Hip, hip, huzzah!

5 comments:

Hannah Joy said...

*joins in the cheering*


That's awesome! How fun and cool and amazing. :-)

I still need to get my hands on a copy of Five Glass Slippers (because I'm so behind the times at this point. I blame it on being broke but I actually have a tad bit of spending money at the moment, so we'll see)

Emily Ann Putzke said...

SO COOL!!! Congratulations!! This is just really, really, REALLY exciting!!

Hayden said...

WOW! that's incredible. :)

Rachel Heffington said...

Hannah, Emily, and Hayden, thank you! Your enthusiasm is infectious! :)

Hayden said...

I've tagged you!
http://everystory-storygirl.blogspot.com/2015/05/just-listof-random-questions.html