Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Feeling in my Bones

Naturally, as The Scarlet-Gypsy Song nears an end I begin to think of my Next Project. The Traveler will not be it. That book is a fanciful, whimsical book--it shall not succumb to being pinned down as a W.I.P. It wants to be worked on in spurts and darts and dashes and so it shall. Madeleine is not thrashed out, nor is Rockingham Shambles. I am not done with research for my French Revolution novel. So what's next? What will jump forth from my pen in the months to come?

I am not certain yet.

I am not certain, and yet I have a sort of Feeling in my Bones. This feeling has nothing to do with children, strangely enough. It has everything to do with this:

And this:


And this:


And this:


And this scribble I did up last Fall.

I have an idea something precious might come out of it all. :)

6 comments:

ashley tahg said...

Very interested! Please tell us more!

Unknown said...

very interested!! Is this the mystery story you posted? If it is, I'm really excited about it! If not, I'm still excited!!

Miss Dashwood said...

Oh, oh, oh, that dress in the second picture... a RED typewriter... and Gregory Peck! Squeal!

This is going to be splendid, whatever it is. Without a doubt.

Please do give us an update when you decide more about this WIP!

Morgan said...

Ohh! Looking forward to hearing more!

Maria said...

I have a feeling in my bones that it's going to be an amazing story. Do post more, when you know.

Oh, and by the way, what is Rockingham Shambles? I don't think I've heard about it except in your snips post and it sound delightful.

Rachel Heffington said...

@Everyone, thanks for the enthusiasm! I began writing it officially (and who knows how far it'll go) this afternoon.

@Maria Elisabeth, Rockingham Shambles is a nothing at present--just a scene spoken by the Butler, Hobbs, about My Lord and Lady Sybilrude...it has no plot at present, but the name popped into my head and I knew I had to staple it down somehow. :D