Monday, April 16, 2012

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig :)

Good morning lovelies! I am home from my travelling and can say that I had a grand time in the beautiful North Carolinian mountains fellowshipping and learning and hanging out with some of the dearest girl-souls this side of paradise. :) It was mahvelous. Of course there are dangers accompanying the sojourning of an affectionate creature like myself--I get attached to people rather quickly and have to tear myself away with deep wistfulness...but it was not so awful this time because one of the dearest of the darlings came home with me and will not leave until sometime tomorrow.
We assuaged our grief with Rascal Flatt's "Life is a Highway" played at the top of the speaker capacity, varied now and again by Chris Rice's "When did you fall in love with me?" or the boingy Celtic song "Scalliwag."
We were greeted by all the home folks and crowned the end of the trip by getting deliciously  confused and scared by the BBC's "The Mystery of Edwin Drood" and having to partake of M&M therapy. It was wonderful.
But this has nothing to do with writing, does it? Nope. But I suppose it is the experiences of life that shape our writing so who knows? There may be mountains in one of my books and if I'd never seen them, how would I be able to describe? I wouldn't. That's all. :)
 But I have saved the best for last. I've found her. Who? Who? Who? Only Cecily Woodruff! Lady Cecelia! You know. I found her on Pinterest quite without looking for her. She is beautiful, is she not?

Even the hair is right. Wow. This is amazing! 

2 comments:

Anne-girl said...

She's lovely Rachel! I was imagining brown hair but i like her better than my mental image.

The Brunette in the Kitchen said...

What a divine image! She is sheer beauty.