Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Promising 3 Sentences. ;)

Why oh why do titles always come to me before plots? Why? Argh. I am not as cross as I could be, as I am openly welcoming plot bunnies to start me off on my next Project. Of course I always have numerous projects that I work on now and again,  but I like a Main Course, if you will...I am feeling that something may be happening with a certain name...which certain name? Well, I shouldn't tell you, but I will.

 Banbury Cross.

That name sends all sorts of ideas darting through my brain...I have written all of about three sentences, but I'm already intrigued. It my go nowhere. It may go somewhere. I shall have to see....


She could have been carved of the white cliffs of Dover as she stood in the middle of the moon-washed road. White was her skin—marble fair. White was her gown, stitched here and there with blue shadow-kisses. White was her horse and it too stood still as a mirror as if bewitched. -Banbury Cross

6 comments:

Joy said...

You have intrigued me as well, Rachel! I love your first 3 sentences so, so much! (it is so poetical and descriptive).

In His love,
~Joy @ joy-live4jesus.blogspot.com

Rosamund Gregory said...

Oh my. I pray it goes somewhere! Banbury Cross. Lovely!

Jenny Freitag said...

It's the Woman in White!

Dun dun dun, literary joke...

This wisp of a story sounds beautiful, Rachel, all full of fantasy and fairytale and dark pasts foreboding uncertain futures... I hope this becomes a Main Course with you.

Unknown said...

wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! I have to agree with Jenny, when I first read your three sentences the first thing that popped into my head was the Woman in White! I hope this story goes well for you! I look forward to hearing more about it in the future.

Say, what ever happened to that mystery one you posted awhile ago?

Rachel Heffington said...

Haha! Well, I'm afraid I'm innocent of even knowing The Woman in White until you girls mentioned her. I had to do a Wikipedia search! :D But the description came from the nursery rhyme:

"Ride a cock-horse to Banbury Cross
To see a fine lady upon a white horse.
Rings on her fingers and bells on her toes
and she shall have music wherever she goes." :)

That's rather a mysterious rhyme, is it not? As for the mystery, londongirl, I'm afraid I procrastinated and forgot all about it. I might just try to finish it for you. ;)

Rachel Hope said...

I am interested as always, or intrigued, some of both.
I am I have to say envious of your story naming skills. I am not so good, lets say thats an understatement, at naming anything.
I hope you have fun with this one
Rachel Hope
>>http://hopespuntreasures.blogspot.com