Monday, April 7, 2014

Five Glass Slippers Eye-Candy

Yesterday, I received my title-page for The Windy Side of Care! Isn't it a beauty? I cannot wait for Five Glass Slippers to come out. June really isn't that far away! And on that note, if you want to know more about my story as well as the others, do hop over the to Five Glass Slippers blog! I believe Elisabeth Brown has just done a post about her version of "Cinderella" from What Eyes Can See. I have seen the majority of the title pages and they are all simply beautiful. Cannot wait to read the others stories and share my Alis with you! (Fun fact: the designer paid heed to the way Alis is described and the crown at the top and her up-flung arm are direct nods to the plot. I warned you.) I was so excited to see this in my inbox yesterday. Who else is excited? ;)

9 comments:

Hayden said...

oooooh! I REALLY cannot wait for this book. All of the stories sound amazing! :)

Emily Chapman said...

Gorgeous! I'm getting excited for this once again... ^.^

Rissi said...

This is beautiful, Rachel! Love the silhouette look. Congrats. :)

Unknown said...

So lovely! I can't wait to read your story.

Unknown said...

Love it! What a great "style" of illustration. Looking forward to reading your story and all the others!

Éowyn said...

Lovely title page! I am sooo looking forward to reading this collection of stories. :)

Rachel Heffington said...

Thanks, guys! It is going to be such a neat collection. Quite worth the wait!

Julia said...

I had not the time to comment on this earlier but I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! AAAAAGHMMM*gurgle*!! (That was me yelling and running out of air) It's sooooo pretty.

Unknown said...

I read your snippets on Alis. This character is unique. I'm positively hungering to know more of what happens to her. It must be my "insatiable curtiosity", but June is an age away.