Sunday, October 30, 2011

November For Me...

Will be a normal month. I realize that by saying what I'm about to say, I could discredit myself as a writer. ;) That confession being made, I will move on.
I am not going to be participating in NaNoWriMo.
It's out! Let me now explain the reasons as to why I am not participating in this exciting project! :) First off, last year I hadn't the foggiest idea what NaNo was...I reckoned it had something to do with Narnia. :P Silly me. :D So below are my list of excuses and explanations:
  • I don't write well under intense pressure. Something I need to change? Maybe. Something I can change in a day? Nope.
  • I don't have a plot plotted for a whole novel that I could use in NaNo.
  • This year my life doesn't have the margin, and doesn't need the stress of fitting 50,000 words into one month.
  • I don't want to set myself up to fail, knowing that I am [practically speaking] not ready for this challenge.
There. You see? Four pretty good reasons why NaNo isn't for me this year. It sounds amazingly fun. I wish I had the time and margin to do it. I wildly applaud you girls who have managed it. I will follow the windings of your pen to the utter ends. But I'll just be an on-looker this time around. :)
(Correction: NaNoWriMo wannabe. ;)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't feel bad. I'm in the same boat as you. I feel that I can't write 50,000 words under pressure and actually have it come out great. Plus, I've never had the courage or the time to actually do it.

Eve Victorie said...

It appears we don't have much in common. I tend to get lazy and not write when I'm not under pressure. Lol! :D I too won't be doing NaNo this year though. I'll be editing and rewriting last year's novel. I hope to be boarding next year's NaNo boat instead, and I'd love to see you there! :) Because sometimes, pressure can become one of your very best friends!

Rachel Heffington said...

:D Indeed, I think it's not so much the pressure I succumb to as much as the knowledge that I *must* write such a number of words every day. I fear inspiration would fly out the window at the first sight of the calender. ;)But that's not to say I shan't ever try it. I just have my hands full with research for my next novel and the problem of an obstinate current project. :)Maybe I will see you there next year!

ashley tahg said...

I'm not doing NaNo becuase I just couldn't fit it into my school scedule, PLUS, I'm not able to be on the computer for that period of time this year. I get about an hour an day, and I just couldn't do how much I need to in that short time allowance. So, until I get my own laptop, no NaNo for me. But, I'm totally fine with that. I get to focus on bigger stuff, and {whispers} Guest post on other bloggers blog because they'll be 'gone' all November! {giggle} I LOVE guest posting!!

Carilyn said...

All very good reasons them, and not a one to be ashamed of. NaNoWriMo just isn't for everyone all the time. You are an incredible writer without it, so it's NaNo's loss. =) (Though sad for you too, of course. When you can manage to do it someday, I'll be the first to be your writing buddy!!! Selfish me.) I think the applauders (such as yourself =) can be very important in helping the crazy wrimos get finished. I shall have to strive to keep you updated on my blog about my adventures (if it's of any interest).

Love your friend who thinks herself to be a writer, but is quite an amateur,
Carrie