Saturday, September 6, 2014

September's Chatterbox Announced!


Right away, I'd like to tell you that I have in my possession the official cover for Anon, Sir, Anon and you will get to see it here and several other blogs on Monday, September 15th. Blast it. I almost can't wait that long. Oh well. I can look at it every few hours and smile to myself in a secretive fashion.

I missed Chatterbox last month, but I was thoroughly determined not to miss it this month and so you have it here. No worries, dear people who love it so much. It is coming. In fact, it has come. Because this is the post where I tell you the topic. I'll scootch out of the way and get to the brass tacks:

This is the month of September ("with summer's best of weather and autumn's best of cheer") and as September means it is socially acceptable to bring out the salted caramel everything (Who needs Pumpkin Spice when you could have a mocha with flakes of sea salt on top of the whip? DIVINE.) and talk about autumn fashions and firesides and my obsession with ginger-molasses cookies, I decided that the theme would also be a bit cozy and autumnal. And because I take the path of least resistance when it comes to blogging schedules and because I always feel bad for not participating in my own Chatterboxes, I'm challenging you in retrospect. Because the theme for September, as brought to you by Sandwiches For Two, is...

Pears

Now don't look at me like that. You know I have absolutely no intention of ever fulfilling your assumptions. I did pears with my descriptions, the makers of Saving Mr. Banks did pears with a heart-rending death-bed scene. You'll be able to come up with something, I know.

Oh. And for those of you who are probably new and confused as to what the blazes Chatterbox is, here's the descrip-o:
ChaTTERBOX IS A MONTHLY EVENT CREATED AND HOSTED BY ME, DESIGNED AS A QUICK DIALOG EXERCISE. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE STRICTLY DIALOG, AS I ENJOY GOOD DESCRIPTION TOO, BUT CENTERING YOUR PIECE AROUND A CONVERSATION IS THE GENERAL IDEA. I ASSIGN A TOPIC (USUALLY ONE THAT CAN BE TAKEN ANY OF SEVERAL WAYS) AND IT IS YOUR JOB TO WRITE A CONVERSATION BETWEEN YOUR CHARACTERS, USING THIS PROMPT. WHEN YOU'VE POSTED YOUR PIECE ON YOUR BLOG, COME BACK HERE AND LEAVE YOUR LINK ON THE LINK-UP BELOW.
Cheeeeeeeeeers! Can't wait to read all your entries, and this month I will actually be home to look at them, believe it or not! Also, my St. Rachel is, according to rumors, having a bit of luck with stuffing the Map of Whistlecreig into the print copy of Anon, Sir, Anon. :3 We shall see.

Also, I made up a word: Woebegonity. I like that word.

7 comments:

Elisabeth Grace Foley said...

Good heavens. I've never even tasted a pear in my life. This is going to be the hardest one yet.

ghost ryter said...

Send 'Woebegonity' to the folks at Webster's--demanding credit and recognition, of course.

Esther Brooksmith (wisdomcreates) said...

Elizabeth Grace Foley, how on earth have you never tasted a pear? You might have to do a little "research" for this assignment. ;)

Grace said...

Hello there Rachel! Wow! What an awesome blog! You inspire me so much! My name is Sarah. I'm a writer/blogger/photographer. I'd be honored if you'd join my blog, imsarahgrace art, photography, and design (http://imsarahgrace.blogspot.com). This is where I muse about a wide range of topics: art, photography, design, lifestyle, food, travel, and more. I think you’ll enjoy it, and I hope to see your name around these parts! :)

Sarah
imsarahgrace

Rachel Rossano said...

Your promote agitated a character into talking. I am going to have record it. I guess I shall be participating this round. :)

Elizabeth said...

Okay, I want to ask real quick, even though I have both done this Chatterbox event before, and I have done this before, but anyway; does the conversation have to be between characters in a work you've already started or are planning on writing? Or can they be just people you made up on the spot that you might end up using one day, or may leave forever with their single scene? Which is what I do a lot of the time with Chatterbox, I think. :P

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I found your blog through some series of links from one blog to another (and I did read your Five Glass Slippers story recently too, which was loads of fun). I love your Chatterbox idea - will be participating as long as I'm able to!

Dana