Monday, September 15, 2014

The Cover is Revealed! {Anon, Sir, Anon}

Yes, the day is finally here! Anon, Sir, Anon has a cover, and what a lovely cover it is! I am pleased to team up with a group of fabulous bloggers who are also revealing its face this morning, so a big thank goes to them. A support system is so important when you're an indie author, and I'm part of the best. Thank yous to: Elizabeth, Rebekah, Betsy, St. Rachel, Schuyler, Amber, Ness, Stephanie, Rachelle, Clara, Esther, The Anne-Girl, Elisabeth G. Foley, Rissi, and Abigail Hartman for your participation.

Once again, "St. Rachel" Rossano has caught my vision and created a cover for me that will lend itself wonderfully well to a series because, yes, I intend to follow Vivi and Farnham down the path of crime-solving till they've given us a few good stories yet. Here is her art:


The 12:55 out of Darlington brought more than Orville Farnham's niece; murder was passenger.In coming to Whistlecreig, Genevieve Langley expected to find an ailing uncle in need of gentle care. In reality, her charge is a cantankerous Shakespearean actor with a penchant for fencing and an affinity for placing impossible bets.When a body shows up in a field near Whistlecreig Manor and Vivi is the only one to recognize the victim, she is unceremoniously baptized into the art of crime-solving: a field in which first impressions are seldom lasting and personal interest knocks at the front door.Set against the russet backdrop of a Northamptonshire fog, Anon, Sir, Anon cuts a cozy path to a chilling crime.

Remember to add the book on Goodreads and watch out (cross fingers) for pre-ordering on Amazon before too too long. And, as always, "Remember, remember the Fifth of November." (Golly, that was a fun ditty with which to have coincided.)



6 comments:

Abby said...

How gorgeous! I think, from the snippets you shared, it fits the mood of the book. The little bicycle in the middle is cute! I can't wait for it to come out, and Congratulations!

Kathryn said...

Gasp! It's beautiful! As an avid mystery reader, I can't wait to read this one.

Hannah Gridley said...

This is beautiful, Rachel! I'm looking forward to having it in hand. :)

Rissi said...

Congratulations, Rachel! I'm so excited for you and adore the touch of whimsy in this cover. It suits the story so well. :)

Rachel Heffington said...

@Abby, isn't it? I was so pleased with the bicycle motif.
@Kathryn, avid mystery readers are my favorites sorts to have read Anon, Sir, Anon! If you give it a rating, people can be sure it is a well-informed one!
@Hannah, what a lovely day that will be! I look forward to it as well. :)
@Rissi, St. Rachel did so well catching my very vague ideas. I adore how she caught the style of the book. Talent, there.

Elisabeth Grace Foley said...

Now how did I not notice the bicycle till Abby pointed it out? Clever! I like the touch of the rowan berries; reminds me of one of my favorite scenes.