Friday, November 7, 2014

Day Three: My Orchid Gets a Name And I Talk Golden-Era Detectives


Good Morning, all of you!

First of all, I would like to point out that The Inkpen Authoress now has 222 followers. I dare one of you to break that amazingly round and scrumptious number and set me racing for a new, equally symmetrical goal. I also have another announcement that will make those of you who have already entered the giveaway squiggle with joy: in the rush of my wedding-befogged brain, I forgot one of the prizes in the giveaway. The winner of the Cozy Quagmire Party Pack will also receive five handmade bookmarks from Infinity Designs. Each bookmark will have a quote from Anon, Sir, Anon hand selected by its authoress to give you a one-of-a-kind gift. So yes, Virginia, you ought to enter the giveaway.



The fun and games continues today with a swing by Elizabeth Ender's blog (author of Ransomed) where I talk about the frightening days you find yourself wordless, and then I head over to Vintage Novels to talk smack with Suzannah Rowntree. Kidding, kidding. I'm actually talking about particular tactics I've learned from my favorite Golden Era mystery authors. Want to know why I have a bone to pick with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle? The answer's over there. Later on this morning, I'll talk about making the reader laugh with Sarah Scheele. It's rather a humorous post, so you might like to pop over for a merry visit. I promise you won't find it dull. :)

I have decided to name my orchid Veronica-Millicent-Agnes-and-Jane. Can anyone tell me that reference? Yes? No? (Very good, Dicky!) I am pleased with this name. I just thought of it and it fits the plant. I hope it eats its ice cubes like a good child and isn't a picky eater. I don't know what else it could eat if it was. Has anyone here bought Anon, Sir, Anon yet? If you have, would you mind doing something for me? Go to Goodreads and shelf it under "cozy mystery," "mystery," or "historical?" I recently learned that the book will show up closer and closer to the top of each category the more readers shelf the book there.

Thanks a mil! Work calls. Again.

4 comments:

Emily Chapman said...

MARY POPPINS. x)

Elisabeth Grace Foley said...

"Convivial company, time and again!" :)

Esther Brooksmith (wisdomcreates) said...

Rachel, I can't get the link to Sarah Scheele to work...
It says that it does not exist and that I am welcome to claim the blog name for my own.

Rachel Heffington said...

Elisabeth: is THAT what he says? WOW. Now I know. Mary Poppins was full of such things. For instance: "bobshruckle" which far later turned out to be "Bob's your uncle." XD
Esther: Oh my. One letter wrong in the URL. Forgive me! It's fixed now. :)