Thursday, November 6, 2014

Day Two: 10 Things Non-Writers Misunderstand About Us

    When outside and away from the crush at last, Allen put up a modest black umbrella. He hovered on the slick curb and waited. Presently, a bespectacled man who looked about as fond of rain as a rheumatic feline hitched up beside him and glared for a taxi.
    "Messy day," Allen offered.
    "Never wuss," the man croaked. "Shoes wet. Socks too."
-Anon, Sir, Anon



It is a messy day here as it was in Allen's London. November. I give a shrug. Anon, Sir, Anon is safely released into the real world, many of you have entered the giveaway, and today the games continue. I am so thankful for all of you who have spread the word in all the various ways that this mystery is alive and kicking. Thanks a mil! I know we've gone over (multiple times) how much this helps things. At the party today, I'm talking about Ten Things Non-Writers Misunderstand with author Jack Lewis Baillot. Ever been misunderstood by a non-writer and labeled things that you don't think are true at all? Than this post is one for you. I laughed the whole time I was writing it, and I hope you will too. ;)

For those of you who want to know what readers think of Anon, Sir, Anon, there are three fresh opinions on the book! Readers are saying this:
"It is a mystery of the kind that makes you think of words like "Cubbins" and "tea-time" and "bash it" or if you are Farnham "bang it." ...
"Rachel Heffington is back with another unique take on historical fiction! This time, the story is heavier on the mystery, lighter on the romance, and all shades of interesting with the colorful characters."
-Amber Stokes of Seasons of Humility
If you’re searching for a fresh take on the quiet, quaint and cozy mystery genre, then Anon, Sir, Anon is one for you to add to your shelves. - See more at: http://scribblesscriptsandsuch.blogspot.com/2014/11/anon-sir-anon-by-rachel-heffington.html#sthash.XE1Xf1dR.dpuf
 "If you're searching for a fresh take on the quiet, quaint, and cozy mystery genre, then Anon, Sir, Anon is one for you to add to your shelves."
If you’re searching for a fresh take on the quiet, quaint and cozy mystery genre, then Anon, Sir, Anon is one for you to add to your shelves. - See more at: http://scribblesscriptsandsuch.blogspot.com/2014/11/anon-sir-anon-by-rachel-heffington.html#sthash.XE1Xf1dR.dpuf
If you’re searching for a fresh take on the quiet, quaint and cozy mystery genre, then Anon, Sir, Anon is one for you to add to your shelves. - See more at: http://scribblesscriptsandsuch.blogspot.com/2014/11/anon-sir-anon-by-rachel-heffington.html#sthash.XE1Xf1dR.dpuf
I think one of my favorite parts of releasing a new book is reading the new reactions each day. Reviews are pretty much what authors live on. We like to know people are reading our books, even if they don't absolutely adore them. And if they do? Well, we suddenly have a great new friend.
Yesterday was terribly busy in real-life just as it was busy in writing-life, but at the end of the day, my mother brought home mini-scones from Panera and we had scones and tea. She also brought me a live orchid! It's one of those things I never knew I'd always wanted until someone gave me one! I am thrilled to death with the idea of feeding it three ice-cubes a week...I mean...isn't that adorable? It eats ice-cubes. This makes me terribly happy. I feel that she needs a name, however, if she's going to be living in my room for the next couple of months. Any suggestions?


I think it needs to be something stately and regal...it is, after all, an orchid. Did I ever tell you that I went to the National Botanical Gardens in DC and saw an orchid named Shelob? It looked exactly like a spider. It made me wish all orchids were named. As much as I'd rather stay and chat, work calls and I must leave. I'll only say one final thing: don't forget to purchase your copy of Anon, Sir, Anon. I know places all over the country are getting snow. This book is the perfect read for a wintry afternoon. Believe the readers. They know what they're saying. You can purchase it in paperback here or Kindle version here. Guys, the Kindle version costs less than that latte you're sipping. You can afford it. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She reminds me of velvet the colour of Lydian purple - so Lydia?

Definitely not Lydia Bennet though, who wouldn't be able to carry off such a regal hue!

Rest assured Anon Sir, Anon is high on the list of luxuries I have promised myself once Operation Make Do and Mend has finished.

Lady Bibliophile said...

What a beautiful orchid! That's my favorite color. :)

Rachel Rossano said...

I love the orchid!

Your orchid combined with a mystery sounds like you would have a bit in common with Rex Stout's character Nero Wolfe. Have you read some of his books? My dad loves them. He says Rex Stout wrote the best dialogue because the women sounded like women and the men sounded like men. I have read a few, but I loved the mini-series. If you haven't watched them, you should. :) I think you would like them.

Esther Brooksmith (wisdomcreates) said...

Elenor?

Orelia?

ghost ryter said...

Lovely orchid. She looks like the sort that would have a double name, so Victoria-Penelope? It's a mouthful, so you would end up calling her Vicky or something, to which she would be affronted and shake her petals at you disdainfully. : )

ghost ryter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I didn't know orchids ate ice cubes! I've been feeding mine puppy food. No wonder it died. (I'm joking, of course. I don't even have an orchid.)

As for the name, call it Rose. Just to be contrary. ;-)