Monday, December 1, 2014

Cyber Monday and Christmas Gifts

I know some of you were probably thrown for a loop and shocked and possibly appalled last post to see that I had departed entirely from my classic tone, taken my tongue entirely out of my cheek, and sat down to something serious. My half-hearted apologies. You see, I can be sober when I've a mind to. But today is not a day for sobriety. I wish I had had time to remind you this morning, but I will tell you now:

Anon, Sir, Anon is 25% off in Kindle form today! Just follow the link, find the title on the list (and check out the other authors) and get your copy today. A big thank you to those who bought their paperback copy on Black Friday! You made the sale a success!

Five Glass Slippers has not gone off the market either, I will remind you. In fact, I received the terribly exciting news last week that Rooglewood Press has commissioned an audiobook company to record the entire book...I received the first chapter audio file of The Windy Side of Care and let me just say: it is so good. Imagine Alis' voice being read by an actress with a wonderful British accent...you are going to want this one. And I am especially pleased because a friend had just inquired as to whether any of my stories were in audiobook form and I had had to tell him "no." I'll have to update that information. My publisher tells me that the collection ought to be available in that format in early December! And if you buy your readable copy of the collection today, you can take advantage of Amazon's 30%-off Cyber Monday sale!

And just when you thought you had run out of my books to buy, might I remind you that Fly Away Home is still an option. In fact, I have sold more than a couple copies in the last two days, which is a lovely thing.

Christmas is coming. CHRISTMAS IS COMING. Outside of my family (which numbers twelve people, including my new sister-in-law), I have at least twenty other people for whom I will be creating or buying gifts. Let the games begin and may the odds ever be in my favor. Christmasing, to some extent, requires moneys and while I am not at all begging, I will remind you that when you purchase books from myself and other independent authors, you are likely directly affecting our gift-giving abilities. Just a reminder, because in this age of Big Companies, people don't think so much of local efforts. Beyond that, who doesn't like to receive a book on Christmas morning that they have probably never heard of? If you have a friend or family member who is difficult to surprise, they might think they know what book that is, but unless they've read all the back pages of Amazon or stumbled upon The Inkpen Authoress, they probably won't. And for once, you'll win. You win, I win, we all win.
"I believe Christmas has done me good and will do me good and so I say God bless it!"
And so forth. Do you remember the custom-made, tea-stained stationary I sold last year? I'm taking orders again because, let's face it, it's Christmas and letter-writers have "nice stationery" on their list and you don't feel like spending six dollars for a pack of blatantly pink hedgehog stationery at Target which just anybody could get and which doesn't have enough room for three sentences apiece anyway. Each "packet" of my hand-drawn designs contains 10 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 stationery and will cost you $8.00, which includes shipping. You may follow that link and order any of the designs already stated, or we can chat about a new design custom made for you or a family member who loves to write letters. If you would like to purchase a packet of stationery, feel free to direct an email to theinkpenauthoress(at)gmail(dot)com and we can go from there.


FA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!

No comments: