Monday, February 16, 2015

Inkpen Belle 2015

If I've been MIA on the blog this week, there is sort of a reason why. And it has to do with Valentine's Day. Now for heaven's sake, don't be ridiculous. I did not get engaged or anything of the sort. I did, however, get to spend what turned out to be Friday through Monday morning with Meghan Gorecki, author of sweet historical-romance, God's Will! Meghan, who many of you will know as my "Watson," flew down from the lovely city of Pittsburgh to spend Valentine's Day weekend with me. I dragged her to Williamsburg a'course, and showed her round my favorite small towns, dragged her to my dream farm which I discovered on Wednesday, hosted a no-couples Valentine's Day party, ate obscene amounts of cheesecake, chocolate, and wonderfulness, went to see Mockingjay (again) and braved the beastly cold. Virginia is never this cold. Virginia has seen wind-chill temps below zero over the weekend. Though we never got to sit down at that coffee shop and write (I blame too much other fun), we had delightful time friends-wise. I am blessed to have gotten to meet with several bloggings friends over the years, and this "reunion" of the Inkpen Authoress and the Northern Belle was just as sweet as I had hoped. Meghan is delightful, and I'm going to be a brat now and tell you to off and buy a copy of God's Will to oblige me. All kidding aside, if you ever get a chance to meet a blogging friend in real life, please do. It is a precious thing to be able to attach real life experiences to someone who was only a profile picture. <3


8 comments:

Anne-girl said...

I'm so glad you had a lovely time! But oh dear I rather want cheesecake now.

Anne-girl said...

I'm so glad you had a lovely time! But oh dear I rather want cheesecake now.

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky getting to meet a blogging friend.That is on my bucket list, and I'd love to bump into a blogging friend one day. Maybe if I go to BEA, I can meet a couple of them. My real dream, though, is to just randomly bump into one of them in some random place like a store or a movie theater or something. That would be epic.

Rissi said...

Aw, this is a lovely write-up about your visit, Rachel. I'm glad you ladies were able to meet again and had such a wonderful time. You're both lovely. :)

Emily Ann Putzke said...

Awww this is awesome!! Sounds like a lovely weekend!!

Amber Holcomb said...

Inkpen Belle... I like it!! As Rissi said, you two look so lovely. :) SO fun to be able to meet blogging friends in person! Glad you all had a fab time hanging out together!

~Amber

Rachel Heffington said...

Why, thank you all! Meghan and I had a delightful time...and please know that if any of you are ever in Virginia, send me a message! I'd love to meet. :) <3

Rachelle Rea Cobb said...

Love this!